After I posted on my Instagram a few weeks ago that I updated my Shop page, I received a ton of questions about that process. I decided to write up what I hope will be easy instructions to get your own Shop page up and running!
Shop My Instagram
- Make an account with ShopStyle Collective.
2. On the Collective homepage, click Collection to create new collection. This is where your set of shoppable photos will live. I named my “Shop My Instagram” in order to link to the products I feature on Instagram.
3. On the Collective homepage, click Look to create a new look. You will do steps 3-6 for every photo you want to link to (in this example, for every Instagram photo).
4. Upload the photo you which to link to, and click Next.
5. Choose the products featured in the photo. As far as I can tell there is no limit, I think I’ve linked up to 15 products. Once all the products have been selected, click Next.
6. On the next page, make sure to select the Collection you previously made in Step 2. This ensures your Look will be included in the correct set.
7. After clicking Finish, you will be taken to a page that shows all your Looks and Collections. Click Collections and find the one you’ve been working on, Shop My Instagram. Click on the one you want to add to.
8. You will be taken to a page with your embed code. Simply copy and paste this code on whichever page you want it displayed on. Go to Make a Shop Page for instructions of this part.
Shop My Favorites/Wishlist
- Make an account with Amazon Associates.
2. Download and install the Carousel Slider plugin on your WordPress blog.
3. Select Add New Slide under the Carousel tool on the left side bar. You will make a new slide for each category. On my Shop page, I have slides for Makeup Favorites, Skincare Favorites and Wishlist.
4. Click Add Gallery, and select the phots you want to include. I downloaded the jpeg files from Sephora, Ulta and Nordstrom. Click on the image you want to link to, and add the link from Amazon Associates in the Link to URL box. To get the link from Amazon, simply login into your Associates account, search for the product, and click Get Link.
5. Once you complete this for all of the products, click Save Gallery and then Publish.
6. Select All Slides under the Carousel tool on the left side bar. This will take you to a page with a code for all of the slides you made. Copy and paste this code on whichever page you want it displayed on. Go to Make a Shop Page for instructions of this part.
Make a Shop Page
- On your WordPress Dashboard, click Add New under the Pages tool on the left side bar.
2. Add the codes you created above to your new Shop page. Make sure you are on Text mode for this.
3. Click Publish and you now have a Shop page!